Children & Young People Services
- PCN Youth PPG Clinical Lead – Dr Ann Marshall
- Youth PPG Lead Coordinator – Jan Sayers
- PCN Youth PPG Admin Lead – Jenny Whittle
- Apps and websites children & young people can contact directly
- Core: Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (Dorset)
- School Nursing text service for 11 – 19 year olds
- Discovery Project for 13 – 25 year olds
- Kooth is an online mental wellbeing community for 11 – 18 year olds
- Stormbreak: Take a step to better mental and physical health
- Project Wired for 11 – 18 year olds
- The Mix for under 25 year olds
- Dorset Education Advice Line (DEAL)
Aims to raise awareness of a range of mental health support available to children and young people in Dorset, including 24/7 crisis support, NHS Services and support from local charities.
- Connection: 24/7 Mental Health Helpline 0800 652 0190
- Samaritans: Always on-hand to listen 116 123
- 24/7 Mental Health Support: Text 'SHOUT' to 85258
Wellbeing community with live chat (11-18 years) via Kooth
Find more local support via the Dorset Youth website
Active Monitoring for Young People
Active Monitoring gives people ages 11-18, through a programme of 1-2-1 guided self-help sessions, the opportunity to explore their feelings and emotions with a friendly trained practitioner. For more information and details on how to refer please visit the Dorset Mind website: Young People Active Monitoring - Dorset Mind
The Active Monitoring Service became available within Purbeck in November 2022, and since then the service has proven to be hugely successful in supporting the young people of Purbeck. 94.4% of the young people accessing the service rated the service as positive, and 100% of the young people stated they would recommend the service to others.
Young People’s Feedback
Here is some recent feedback on the service.
‘I like talking to Grace and the booklets look like they will be helpful’
‘It is helpful for me to be able to talk to someone and be honest with them about how I am feeling’
‘Grace is very easy to talk to, I did not expect to talk about my dad and mum so easily’
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.